I’ve been super-busy lately with a project that’s going to generate lots of tutorials and case studies, but I just want to make sure that my loyal readers (and you must be very loyal if you keep reading when I post so seldom) are aware that the final group of tickets for WordCamp Sacramento go on sale Wednesday, 21 September at noon Pacific.
If you live within a reasonable drive or short flight of Sacramento, I highly recommend that you get a ticket and go. (Sacramento is about an hour’s drive for me, but I have booked a hotel for the weekend because it’s just easier for things like the speaker dinner and the after-party.) The organizers of WCSAC are really organized and they put on a terrific show last year.
My speaker interview isn’t up yet, but you can see the description of my presentation on Sunday, October 23. I’m talking about Flexbox and the awesome things you can do with it. The speaker lineup includes
- Anca Mosoiu, who provides meeting space for the East Bay WordPress Meetup at Tech Liminal, speaking about WordPress and the Enterprise;
- Ozzy Rodriguez of WP Site Care, who recently spoke at the East Bay WordPress Meetup about accessibility, on developer-first design;
- Jonathan Denwood, host of WP-Tonic (join us on Saturdays at 10 AM for a live panel), on podcasting;
- Kim Shivler (a regular on the WP-Tonic live panel), on building a learning platform with WordPress. (Check out her How to Build an Online Course website.)
- Chris Lema (everyone knows who Chris Lema is) talking about daily blogging–something to which I confess I don’t even aspire;
- And lots more great people.